Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Disney Theology???

Today was a fun day because we got to be with some of our most precious friends. I was feeling a bit generous, so I gave the kids a break from my John Denver Wildlife Concert CD's and Bebo, so they could listen to one of their Disney Classic CD's. I know, I know, mother of the year material!

On the way home, Hakuna Matata came on. There is something that I love about old Disney songs. Maybe it's that those are the songs that I know, and Disney just doesn't write songs like they used to! So, I was singing along and Anson calls from the back of the van, "Mom, it's right!" I turned it down a bit and asked what was right. "This song. Hakuna Matata. That it means no worries and if we have God on our side, we don't have any worries."

I'd have to say that Disney was right about this one. I thought immediately of Matthew Chapter 6:25-34 and how clear the author is about God's provision for His people. Not only His provision for His people, but how He provides for His creation! The lillies of the field, the birds of the air...why wouldn't He provide for His very own children!

"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat? or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kindgom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:31-34

Definitely worth thinking about!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

i cannot agree more. I always loved Lion King b/c of the spiritual themes I saw in it, like when he looks to the heavens to let his father guide him!