Sunday, July 5, 2009

I Know Him, but I Can't Trust Him

Ella has been responding in a rather irritating manner these days to loud noises. She covers her ears and repeats, "It's woud." We're trying to be patient, but it can be inconvenient.

Tonight we were coming home from church in a thunderstorm. It wasn't bad, but there was lightening and a little bit of thunder. She walked inside covering her ears and was still noticeably nervous once inside. I knelt down in front of her and looked into her sweet little face and said, "Ella, who makes the thunder?" To which she responded in a confident whisper, "Jesus." So I replied, "So, can we trust it?" She immediately said, "NO."

Isn't that the truth. Eventhough we know the author and perfector of our faith, we don't believe that we can trust anything He does.

God help me to trust You, and You alone.

1 comment:

Just His Best said...

Hallelujah! You're back! Good grief it's been a while.

Speaking of not trusting, the sermon today was on Habakkuk and his doubt in what God was doing. So, so amazing. I'll have to tell Ella all about it. :)