Saturday, February 11, 2012

Not so Pinterested.

You're in!

I'm excited to invite you to join Pinterest, a social catalog. I can't wait to have you join our little community.

To create your Pinterest account, click the link below and push the blue "FB Connect" button. You can also join with Twitter.

http://pinterest.com/invited/?email=aliwessner@yahoo.com&invite=1c983258
Pinterest Etiquette: Try to...

Be Nice!
Be Creative. The best pinboards mix products, art, recipes and images from all across the web. Try not to pin everything from a single source.
Give Credit. If you blog about an item you found on Pinterest, it's nice to credit your fellow pinners by linking back to the original pin.
If you have any questions, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at hi@pinterest.com or follow us on twitter @pinterest. We also have an iPhone app.

Happy pinning!

- Ben & the Pinterest Team


How exciting is that!!! I'm in! They like me. They'll have me...there is just ONE itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny problem...no Facebook for me. You have to have a Facebook account to join, and I'm not going to join Facebook in order to join Pinterest. Are they BFF's? I suppose that since so many people are "connected" that it's their business and what not...so it's not all sad. I can still check out pins, just can't create a pinboard. Oh well. I'll just look things up, or maybe I'll just not jump into that black hole of time, because even without an account I can really get sucked in. Mike can too! So, that's how all that went down, for those of you who were waiting, hoping, and praying that I'd get in...I did...1 point for the average, run of the mill Mama...but 1 point for the super big social networking world that is taking over the for real world. Well, at least I got invited.

1 comment:

Andrea Sisson said...

Hi Ali!!

It's Andrea Sisson! My Mom just sent me your Team Wessner 2011 picture and I got the link to your site ( AWESOME picture by the way! you guys look GREAT!) I was going to write you a nice long email but ill start by telling you that you don't have to have a facebook to join Pinterest, you just need an invite from someone who has it, and I do! I just need your email so pop me a message to asisson23@gmail.com soon and I will send you and invitation!

I am keeping a blog while I am in Australia if you would like to check it out sometime, the link is:

http://aussieaupair.tumblr.com/

Hope to hear from you soon!

Andrea