Monday, September 8, 2008

I interrupt this blog...to brag!













I'm still not good at arranging pictures and making things look neat. I just wanted to give some of you and idea of what I am like...who I am. I let my son spell as a pirate...maybe I would have to walk the gang plank (is that what it's called?) if I didn't. Sometimes, my kids watch T.V...together...while I do whatever! We are studying the Story of the World with Mike and we built a tent as we pretended to be the nomad family from the story. We took a very last minute trip to the beach last week. We love funnel cake, but recognize that one is enough for the entire family. I have several ideas in my head that I look forward to getting out some time soon. My sisters teased me while we were at the beach. Ashley wants me to blog about her because she is looking like "Post Pardom Barbie" HA! I want to blog about how Ashley played in the band, but she never really played when it mattered. She pretended to play on Friday nights so that she wouldn't be ridiculed for messing up. I wish to blog regarding the discipline of the Olympic Athletes. I want to blog about my brother-in-law who told Ashley that running 26 miles with 80 pounds on his back saved his life while fighting in the war. That's just to name a few. So, keep checking back, you never know what you are going to get.

For Christian's family...I will get a Bear blog up soon...

Thanks for checking in. I hope you enjoyed your little peek into my world.

8 comments:

Jaime said...

yea, i finally get updated pics of the kids- so cute and what a fun mom you are, they are always playing in the pics- w/ playdough, at the beach, forts, etc. Tying fun and learning isn't as easy as it looks- so many props to you for taking her job seriously and truly teaching her children to be well-rounded, creative, smart, spiritual!! love ya

Sheryl said...

Ali,

Your family is precious. Love the pirate picture! I wrote a poem once "I've got a pirate at my feet and an angel in my arms". The pirate was my little girl the angel my baby boy!lol.. anyways, I posted a rough schedule on my blog for you. I try to be scheduled and we almost always finish our work. One thing I thing is helpful is to make a list of what you want to get done in school that week and check it off . That way you can do it whatever day you can. A daily list can get overwhelming with little ones because life seems to happen! God really is teaching me on this journey and I look forward each year to what work He will do in me. Take Care
Sheryl

Sara said...

I love the pose your youngest is making on the beach. She looks like a little flamenco dancer with tiny castanets! So cute!

Linda said...

such a great insight to your family, though....and you're still the same Ali I know!

Kim said...

Ali,
You're kids are really beautiful! (It's okay to say a boy is beautiful, right?) I applaud you for homeschooling! :)

Heather said...

Love the pics!!

Suzanne Moon said...

Oh, so sweet! Thanks for sharing all these! I love the one with the funnel cake. ; )
We miss you and want more blogging to get our Cup of COld Water fix!

Ali said...

Suzanne...you are so sweet. I think I'm going to have to work out a blogging day because I have a ton of ideas and they just swirl around my head. I'm so glad that you are enjoying it!!! I'll be back soon!